Friday, August 23, 2013
- Bike-In Movie Night. 8:30 p.m. Bike Works Downtown Branch, 820 Bullard. Bring a chair and enjoy an outdoor movie! A donation is appreciated. 388-1444
- Greg & Charlie. 6:30 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
- Melanie Zipin & the Sugar Leafs, Originals & Groove Oriented Folk Rock. 7:30 p.m. Buckhorn Saloon. Free.
Saturday, August 24, 2013
- Silver City Farmers Market. 8:30am-12pm. Between 7th & 8th St. alongside Big Ditch Park (right off Bullard). Shop for local produce, meats, plants, & herbal products. Enjoy live music by Greg and Jean! There will be a GARDEN FLOWER FIESTA benefiting our local community radio station, GMCR. Donate a bouquet of flowers from your garden, or come purchase one and help our streaming radio station get on the airwaves! Linda 575-654-4104
- Summer Garden Flower Fiesta. 9 a.m. – Noon. Silver City Farmers’ Market. Silent auction of bouquets donated by local gardeners to befit Gila Mimbres Community Radio. Bouquets can be dropped off Fri. at GMRC Studio, 519 Bullard, from noon to 6 p.m. or on Sat. at Farmer’s Market by 9 a.m., bidding is 9 – 11 a.m. Attendees can buy "dots" & vote on their favorite bouquets. Three bouquets with the most votes will receive great prizes. Also mini gardening classes, kids activities.gmcr.org/flowers Monica Rude 535-2860.
- The 147th Birthday of Fort Bayard. 9:30 – noon. Ft. Bayard Tours, book signing "Ping Pong Balls and Donkey's Milk" by Dr. Twana L. Sparks and Birthday Cake. Free.
- Historic Ft Bayard tour. 9:30 a.m. – 12 (noon). For more information call 956-3294 or 388-4477.
- USO (United Service Organization) performance by Jeanette MacDonald. 7 p.m. Doors open 6:30 p.m. Ft. Bayard New Deal Theater. Van Ann Moore of the New Mexico Humanities Council performs as Jeanette MacDonald Jeanette MacDonald starred in many movies of the 1930 - 1940 era. She was a fantastic singer. USO productions were done to entertain the military troops both at home and abroad during World War II.Free.
- Adult Craft Class: Drop Spindle with Karen Porter Part I. 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm at the Silver City Museum, 312 W. Broadway. $30 limit 6 participants. For more information call 538-5921 or go to www.silvercitymuseum.org
- 3 Hour Breath Workshop. 1-4pm. Integrative Health & Wellness Center, 310 W. 6th Street, Silver City. Breath Empowerment, 9-Breath Method and 9-Breath Prayer Circle are available in a 3-Hour Breath Workshop for $35 ($25 with previous Breath Empowerment with Martha) Registration required. 388-2098 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stagecoach. Doors open at 5:30 pm, movie starts at 6:00 pm. Silco Theater, 311 N. Bullard St. The film starring John Wayne, Directed by John Ford. A stagecoach adventure to Lordsburg. One of the great American films, and a landmark in the maturing of the Western, balancing character study and peerless action. $15.
- Buzz & the Soul Senders. 6:30 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
- Ghost Murals - " Asia." At Dark. 103 West Kelly. Jan Alexander is the Ghost Muralist and will be present. Jan is an educated artist (MFA), who has spent a lifetime pursuing many gifts; art, music, IT, travel. Suggested bring own seating. FREE, FUN.575-534-2087.
- New Mexico Music Series with Award Winning Songwriter & Author, David Berkeley. Doors @ 7 pm. Show @ 7:30 pm. Buckhorn Saloon. Tickets $10. Available at the Mimbres Region Arts Council & the Buckhorn Saloon. Local Opener: Melanie & Jeff
Sunday, August 25, 2013
- Unitarians Across the Woods. 10:00 a.m., Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Silver City, 3845 North Swan St., Rev. Claudia Elferdink refers to "Our 21st Century cousins still in the ancient homeland," in Transylvania, literally "across the woods." Rev. Elferdink's talk will be illustrated with photographs from last spring in Kolozsvar, and her daughter, Martha Egnal, will provide music. Martha is a member of the Silver City String Beans. Please join us. There will be coffee and conversation, with light refreshments, after the service.
- LGBT Brunch. 12 p.m. (Noon). Vickie's Eatery. 315 N. Texas St. All LGBT folk, friends and allies WELCOME! 388-5430.
- Silver City Food Co-op’s annual picnic. 11am to 3:00pm. The Little Walnut Picnic Area Everyone is welcome to attend. Bring plates and utensils and a salad or dessert to share.
- Open Mic (Andrew Dahl-Bredine). 6 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
- Dmitri Matheny Group – Jazz Noir. 7 p.m. Seedboat Center for the Arts, 214 W. Yankee St. $25. 534-1136
Monday, August 26, 2013
- Open Mic Night. 7 p.m. Buckhorn Saloon.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
- Silver City Town Council Meeting. 6:00 p.m. Grant County Administration Building, 1400 Hwy 180 East, Silver City. Meeting agenda can be found at: http://www.townofsilvercity.org/.
- A quiet reflective Service of Vespers in the Celtic tradition. 5:30 p.m. Good Shepherd Episcopal Church [Texas & 7th, Silver City entrance off parking lot off 6th]. Remembrance of modern "saints" of all faiths. Bring a little something if you can to share for a Potluck dinner following.
- Esther Jamison (classical guitar). 6:30 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
- Curbside Consulting 9 am – Noon. Curbside Consulting has a new location! We’re now at The Center for Health Innovation, 902 Santa Rita Street, (NE corner Santa Rita and College Avenue.) Join us in the second floor conference room for free consulting services to nonprofit organizations (or those considering becoming a nonprofit org.). Free! Lisa Jimenez. 534-0101, ext 2108. email@example.com.
- Dane & Edie (nostalgic piano). 6:30 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
- Amos Torres, Soul, Singer Songwriter– Silver City. (Saloon Spaghetti). 6:30 p.m. Buckhorn Saloon. Free.
Silver City Lions Club, 6:30 pm. 2nd & 4th Wed., club building next to Dominos
Rainbow Girls Copper Rose Assembly, 7:00 pm, 2nd and 4th Thursday, 313-5235Kiwanis Club, every Tues at noon, Sunset Room, which is part of the Student Cafeteria in the WNMU Student Center.
Silver City Masonic Lodge, 7:30 pm 2nd and 4th Tuesday, 11 Ridge Road
Silver City Rotary Club, every Tues at noon, Thomas B. McDonald Memorial Student Center WNMU